Greetings! I hope that this letter finds you well. As you may have heard, I am embarking on a new adventure teaching third grade at an ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) accredited school, The Lincoln School in Guadalajara, Mexico, that pursues to uphold a well-rounded English immersion program. I am writing this letter to inform you, include you, and ask you that you may partner with me as I go to a foreign country; whether through prayers or financial support, my desire is that it will be of the Lord’s leading. First, may I invite you into the story that led me there as I feel this has been the big climax and rainbow of God’s promise and restoration to a never ending storm (and in the least, that you may find some hope in my story that you may claim as your own).
Since graduating from college I had met much adversity. I had not truly understood God’s call on my life to teach until my student teaching and was determined to find the right school to teach in. The Lord stretched me and pulled me in and out of various jobs and situations that continually made me feel like an outsider even in my own home but continued to show me His overwhelming grace as I struggled through the new realities of life. Finally, after almost a year of searching, a school had hired me. Excited that someone had finally taken notice, I continued on the exciting path the Lord has laid out for me; but again, I found myself back on my knees. Continuing to look for teaching positions, I decided to broaden my horizons to look abroad and found The Lincoln School in Guadalajara, Mexico. I had been to Mexico before for a mission’s trip in 2004 and decided this would also benefit me as I wish to eventually pursue a masters in English as a Second Language. The position incorporated a very basic salary which is just enough to live on. I applied, interviewed, and got the job.
The next question was: how do I know for sure that this is where the Lord is leading me? I began praying, talking to people about it, and found through various conversations and circumstances that the Lord was indeed leading me to this school! This is where I really became astounded, as I had never seen nor experienced anything quite like this! 1) My former pastor (in Rock Hill), his daughter and her husband are church planting in the city 15 minutes from the school and the house I will be living in. Such an answer to prayer! 2) I found out one of my friends from school, her cousin is the former third grade teacher I will be replacing! So cool! 3) I felt an overwhelming peace about going, as did my friends and family!
Incredible isn’t it? It has continued to amaze me how much God wants to answer our prayers, it just may not be in ways we expect or anticipate! So here's to my story; the accounts of my life and time in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, and the adventure that happens when you chose to go with God!
Dear Laura, I love the title of your blog! It's beautiful and so represents your heart. I look forward to keeping up on your adventures of teaching in Mexico through the blog. Vaya con Dios indeed, dear girl. :)
ReplyDeleteSO excited to follow your adventures! :o)
ReplyDelete